Life science research facility construction is approved by the Shenzhen development and reform commission in 2013, mainly for the life science and related disciplines to provide comprehensive support. Professor Xiao GuoZhi (Shenzhen PengCheng scholars) and Xie Yucong (Shenzhen "Peacock Plan" Talent) are the directors of the facility. Now, seven engineers have doctoral degree, with 3 received Shenzhen "Peacock Plan" Talent. At present, there are 204 sets instruments and equipment, the total value is more than 50 million yuan. The facility also has a first imaging demonstration center “Life science imaging demonstration center” of Nikon in southern China region.
The facility, mainly instruments are located in the first floor of research faculty building 1, providing the following services:
(1) Second generation DNA sequencing platform can provide from the nucleic acid extraction (QIACube) automation, nucleic acid protein imaging (gel imaging, etc.), the quantitative analysis of DNA (ABI, BioRad qPCR instrument), and trace nucleic acid testing (Agilent2100 biochemical analyzer) and the second generation of high-throughput sequencing service (Miseq sequencing machine)。
(2) Determination of biological macromolecular structure and interaction analysis;
(3) cell imaging: have many sets of high-end microscope, can provide all kinds of (are setting, inversion) based fluorescence imaging; A variety of (point scanning, turntable, multiphoton) fluorescent confocal scanning imaging; Continuous dynamic imaging living cells; Fluorescence lifetime imaging and other services;
(4) Flow cytometry analysis, sorting, flow cytometry analyzer (BD FACSCanto 4 laser 10 color); Flow cytometry sorting (BD FACSAria 5 laser 15 color)
(5) Small animal in vivo Imaging: IVIS Spectrum Imaging System (PerkinElmer, PE) using bioluminescent and fluorescence two main technology, bioluminescent is with Luciferase (Luciferase) cells or DNA genetic markers, while fluorescence technology using fluorescence report groups (GFP, RFP, Cyt and dyes etc.), using the sensitive optical detection equipment, direct monitoring cell activity and genetic behavior of living organisms;
(6) Electrophysiological patchclamp platform: in vitro slices and cultured neurons electrophysiological detection, relationship between molecular structure and biological function of ion channels of detection, detection of myocardial cell and pharmacological functions of neurons, in vitro of brain slice preparation, etc
(7) Biological electron microscopy (sem) test: biology and material sample can be provided tem data collection and processing, three-dimensional analysis of biological macromolecules, the production of all kinds of electron microscope samples, including negative dyeing, ultrathin sectioning and experimental services such as high pressure freezing - freezing substitution;
(8) Biopsy: have a equipment is advanced, fully functional tissue section room, paraffin section can be (leica RM2255), frozen section (leica CM1950), ultra-thin slicing (leica EM UC7), and dehydration (leica ASP300S), embedding (leica EG1150), dyeing, and a series of processes.